5 ways to get out of a reading slump, by ST
This article was written for yooou! by our intern 17-year-old, ST.
The dreaded ‘reading slump’. It happens to the best of us – that feeling when you just can’t bring yourself to pick up a book & opt to doing just about anything else (in my case I scroll through TikTok or binge a new show).
Here’s my advice when it comes to getting out of a reading slump:
- Do a buddy read with a friend! I find that this helps me focus and stay motivated on the book I’m reading, plus I think it’s fun to talk about your current read to a friend who’s also reading it!
- Set a reading goal for each day! It doesn’t matter if it’s 10 pages or 100 pages, I find setting goals for myself helps me to be more motivated with the task at hand. And as an added bonus you’ll feel productive by completing your goal.
- Re-read an old fave. Grab the book that sparked your love for reading!
- Try a new genre! Whether you’re a fantasy fan or a lover of romance, go for something you wouldn’t usually read, it just might be the cure you need!
- Don’t get frustrated at yourself for not reading! Remember, you’re only human and it’s perfectly fine to take a break from your hobbies. You’ll get back to reading when you’re ready!
Hey Everyone! Sarah here & I just want to say that this internship has been amazing! This is my last blog post & I want to thank you for reading my posts! I’ve had SO much fun putting the posts together & I really hope you enjoyed reading them.
If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading!