choconana waffles, by “the kitchen twins”
It’s National Waffle Day and we thought we would celebrate by making these delicious Choconana Waffles from The Kitchen Twins. Click here for a funny story about the girls making these for the first time. Here’s one hint…don’t use almond flour!
Ingredients (makes 4 waffles):
- 1 ripe banana (plus a few more slices for the middle of the waffle)
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose works best)
- 1 cup milk (we prefer unsweetened almond milk or oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mash the ripe banana in a bowl until it is mostly smooth.
- Mix in the flour, milk, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Grease your preheated waffle iron and evenly pour about 2/3 of the batter onto the pan.
- Place the banana slices and chocolate chips evenly then cover with the rest of the batter.
- Cook until nice and crispy and golden (this varies depending on your waffle iron).
- Enjoy plain or with toppings like cocoa powder, almond butter, or more bananas!
For other recipes from The Kitchen Twins click here and here.