workout week 3, ladders
Hi everyone! Today we are posting Workout Week 3 and crazy enough, we are getting into this “working out” thing. Our muscles are sore but in a good way(!!!) and we are starting to realize that exercising can be addicting. Although it is occasionally hard to motivate, once we get up and go, we feel GREAT. So, lets start this week’s workout…
The Ladder Workout
Note: Click here to see our fabulous personal trainer, Angie, introduce today’s workout.
“Descend a ladder” with these 6 exercises. Do 10 reps of each, then do 9 reps of each, then do 8 reps…all the way to 1 rep each. Don’t forget to do a 5-10 warm up at the beginning and a cool down at the end. Click here to watch Angie demonstrate each exercise.
- Squat jacks
- Push up
- Alternating front leg lunges
- Squat thrust
- Skater hops
- Sit up
Cool Down Stretches:
- Hamstring stretch – Lie on your back, leg extends into the air, pull it towards your face from above knee
- Hip/low back stretch – Lie on your back, twist on leg across your body to form a 90 degree angle; do on both sides
- Quad stretch – Standing, pull your foot back to your glutes; do both sides
- Standing side body stretch – Lift arms over your head then grab opposite wrist and bend to side
- Chest stretch – Standing in the doorway, make goalpost arms and then lean into doorway….lead with chest, not hips
For the month of April, we are posting a 4 weekly workouts designed by our favorite personal trainer, Dallas-based, Angie Russell. You can find Workout Week 1 here and Workout Week 2 here.
Each workout is adaptable to different levels of fitness. Each have modifications if you have a weakness that you need to avoid, such as a sore knee. Please consult a doctor or professional if you are uncertain about your body’s abilities or limitations.
For any questions, comment below. Click here to meet Angie. She is available for personal consultations, contact her: email@example.com