workout week 4, keeping strong
Hi everyone! We have made it to Workout Week 4 – our LAST week! But don’t worry, you know you can reference these workouts anytime (see links below). This week we have a special addition – 2 workout playlists on Spotify. There is a low intensity playlist and a cardio playlist. Go follow them so you can listen while you work(out)!
Note: To make this workout extra challenging, you can do each circuit as a timed activity. If you are up to the challenge, you would do each exercise for 45 seconds with a 15 second break between.
Warm-up: Walk/Jog/Jump Rope 5-10 minutes
Circuit 1 – Repeat 1-3 times
Squat with Alternating Knee Pull – 15 each side
Push-up/Knee Twist Combo – 10
Skater Hops – 15 each side
Elbow Plank Hip Dips – 10 each side
Chair or Bench Dips – 15
Circuit 2 – Repeat 1-3 times
Front Lunges with Crossbody Wood Chop Arms – 15 each side
Plank Jacks – 15
Lateral Lunges – 15 each side
Mountain Climbers – 15 each side
Sit-ups with Punch Combo – 20
Cool Down Stretches:
- Hamstring stretch – Lie on your back, leg extends into the air, pull it towards your face from above knee
- Hip/low back stretch – Lie on your back, twist on leg across your body to form a 90 degree angle; do on both sides
- Quad stretch – Standing, pull your foot back to your glutes; do both sides
- Standing side body stretch – Lift arms over your head then grab opposite wrist and bend to side
- Chest stretch – Standing in the doorway, make goalpost arms and then lean into doorway….lead with chest, not hips
For the month of April, we posted 4 weekly workouts designed by our favorite personal trainer, Dallas-based, Angie Russell. You can find Workout Week 1 here, Workout Week 2 here and Workout Week 3 here.
Each workout is adaptable to different levels of fitness. Each have modifications if you have a weakness that you need to avoid, such as a sore knee. Please consult a doctor or professional if you are uncertain about your body’s abilities or limitations.