workout week 4, keeping strong
Hi everyone! We have made it to Workout Week 4 – our LAST week! But don’t worry, you know you can reference these workouts anytime (see links below). This week we have a special addition – 2 workout playlists on Spotify. There is a low intensity playlist and a cardio playlist. Go follow them so you can listen while you work(out)!
Note: To make this workout extra challenging, you can do each circuit as a timed activity. If you are up to the challenge, you would do each exercise for 45 seconds with a 15 second break between.
Warm-up: Walk/Jog/Jump Rope 5-10 minutes
Circuit 1 – Repeat 1-3 times
Squat with Alternating Knee Pull – 15 each side
Push-up/Knee Twist Combo – 10
Skater Hops – 15 each side
Elbow Plank Hip Dips – 10 each side
Chair or Bench Dips – 15
Circuit 2 – Repeat 1-3 times
Front Lunges with Crossbody Wood Chop Arms – 15 each side
Plank Jacks – 15
Lateral Lunges – 15 each side
Mountain Climbers – 15 each side
Sit-ups with Punch Combo – 20
Cool Down Stretches:
- Hamstring stretch – Lie on your back, leg extends into the air, pull it towards your face from above knee
- Hip/low back stretch – Lie on your back, twist on leg across your body to form a 90 degree angle; do on both sides
- Quad stretch – Standing, pull your foot back to your glutes; do both sides
- Standing side body stretch – Lift arms over your head then grab opposite wrist and bend to side
- Chest stretch – Standing in the doorway, make goalpost arms and then lean into doorway….lead with chest, not hips
For the month of April, we posted 4 weekly workouts designed by our favorite personal trainer, Dallas-based, Angie Russell. You can find Workout Week 1 here, Workout Week 2 here and Workout Week 3 here.
Each workout is adaptable to different levels of fitness. Each have modifications if you have a weakness that you need to avoid, such as a sore knee. Please consult a doctor or professional if you are uncertain about your body’s abilities or limitations.
For any questions, comment below. Click here to meet Angie. She is available for personal consultations, contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org